Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A shout out to parents and homework

This week I recieved a letter from the parent of a former student who had been accepted into medical school. It was as simple note informing me of her success and thanking me for "getting her interested in the sciences." ( I was a science teacher in earlier days!) It was very nice of her to remember me and let me know how things have turned out, although I can't, and don't claim any responsibility for her daughter's great fortune. She was a terribly gifted child whose art work can be seen hanging in my classroom. Look for it on back to school night!

Now, we are all very busy, and making time for such correspondences might be very tough, but for what it is worth, nothing makes a teacher feel more fulfilled, at least it was the case with me.

So, if the urge hits you, please, drop a line to your child's favortite teacher from years past and let that person know how he or she is doing. I am certain that you will make someone's day!

As for Homework tonight:

ADV: Complete 178 (sum it up) through page 179 (sum it up)

Comp and Core: Read 332-334 and answer question 6 on page 334.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home